Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory

From: Dawn Hollingsworth <dmh(at)airdefense(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory
Date: 2003-06-16 08:57:35
Lists: pgsql-performance
We have just recently hired a database consultant familiar with Postgres
and just on his cursory glance we are not doing anything really crazy.

There are two things which might be considered off the beaten path
though:

1. We have tables that have over 500 columns which we continually insert
into and select from.

2. Our stored procedures take more than 16 parameters so in the file
config.h the value INDEX_MAX_KEYS was increased to 100.

-Dawn