Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,"scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Thoughts on maintaining 7.3
Date: 2003-10-01 23:11:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> and the question as i thought was being discussed (or should be
> discussed) was what is the level of interest in having this work kept in
> the community cvs tree vs. someone else's quasi-forked branch...

I see no reason that the maintenance shouldn't be done in the community
CVS archive.  The problem is where to find the people who want to do it.
Of course we have to trust those people enough to give them write access
to the community archive, but if they can't be trusted with that, one
wonders who's going to trust their work product either.