Binary files in CVS

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
Subject: Binary files in CVS
Date: 2003-05-22 11:27:35
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Hi all,

[Maybe this should go on hackers, but I'm not subscribed]
I've checked out some time ago the 7_3_STABLE CVS branch of the postgres
sources.
Having it done on a Linux box I had no problems with it.
However, I've made some changes, and imported the resulting sources in
my company's CVS repository. What I've noticed in the process is that
none of the binary files checked out from the postgres CVS repository
(gifs, tars) are marked as binary (with -kb). Am I doing something wrong
with the checkout ?
On our local repository I can import the files as binary, this is not
the issue, I just wonder if the postgres CVS repository is correctly set
up ?
Binary files handled as text could be a potential problem for somebody
checking out on a non-unix system.

Thanks,
Csaba.