Re: Change to Advocacy Site requested

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Change to Advocacy Site requested
Date: 2003-04-18 21:44:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 13:42, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert, Justin:
>
> The current "Ask us about PostgreSQL" form on the advocacy site,
> http://advocacy.postgresql.org/request/
>
> ... has options for response time which include "ASAP" and "Immediately".
>
> Given that I am the one now funneling the responses, I feel that this is
> unreasonable and leads to false expectations.
>
> I propose one of two alternatives:
> 1) We remove that drop-down and replace it with the text:  "Your question will
> be answered by our volunteers.   Please be patient, they will probably get
> back to you within a day or two."
>
> 2) Somebody else take over this duty.

Well, I could take over the duty, but my availability isn't 24/7 either
so rewording seems like a good idea. ISTM the real goal here is for
people/companies that need a liaison into the community, and that
technical/licensing questions need to be more strongly funneled off to
the mailing lists. Thoughts?

I've got a few other things to nail down, but I'll try to get to this
over the weekend.

Robert Treat