variable-count stored proc arguements?

From: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
To: 'Postgres General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: variable-count stored proc arguements?
Date: 2003-03-29 19:43:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there such a thing? My guess is there isn't, but I'm trying to figure
out how to encapsulate some "select where foo=a [and foo=b [and foo=c
[...]]]" logic into a stored proc, and that would be an elegant way to
do it.

AFAICT, the next-best alternative is to take a specially-formated text
string as an argument, and then break that up and reassemble it into the
query I want. Not knowing PL/pgSQL very well, I think that implies
writing the function in C, which simply seems overkill for this.