Re: Getting data out of MS Access with only Linux?

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: PgSQL Novice ML <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting data out of MS Access with only Linux?
Date: 2003-03-28 16:40:05
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 15:55, Phillip J. Allen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know this is a bit off topic but I am using postgresql more and more
> and MS Access less and less.  And I am also using Linux more than
> Windows now.  But one problem that I am encountering is "how" do I get
> all that data that exists in MS Access files while I am working under
> linux and pull it into psql?  While I am running windows it is no big
> problem all I do is open the *.mdb file in access and with odbc pass it
> over to a psql database.  But to my knowledge I haven't seen any
> programs that can read in a .mdb file in Linux?
>
> Any suggestions?

Maybe unixODBC.  Or are you dual-booting, so do not have simultaneous
access to both OSs?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| Spit in one hand, and wish for peace in the other.            |
| Guess which is more effective...                              |