Re: gborg - who maintains it?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, "Advocacy (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: gborg - who maintains it?
Date: 2003-03-17 14:53:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 18:36, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Joe Conway wrote:
>
> > Also, the "contact" link lists an unfamiliar email address
> > (xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com) -- is that current?
>
> Yes, that is Chris Ryan, who both built, and maintains, the site ...

AFAIK the email stands for "eX Great Bridge Employee" and the code is
based on great bridge's former project repository code, which Chris
spruced up and now maintains for postgresql.

While where somewhat on the topic, has anyone looked at using gforge
(http://gforge.org/) for project hosting? The project is based on the
sourforge gpl'd codebase, and is headed up by Tim Perdue. I've been
following the project for some time now wondering if it would be helpful
to switch to it for our project hosting. Seems like there would be
mutual benefits in that we would be a great promotional point for the
project itself, and we could benefit quite a bit from having our project
hosting code base developed by an active open source project community,
rather than putting it on the shoulders of one person.

Robert Treat