Re: [pgsql-advocacy] uppercase = lowercase

From: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Donald Fraser <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>, "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] uppercase = lowercase
Date: 2003-03-06 18:29:33
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 13:21, Justin Clift wrote:
> Rod Taylor wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 12:49, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >
> >>Guys,

> >>I've been thinking for some time that we need a Postgresql resouce site that's
> >>more open to multiple contributors than the current hard-coded HTML of
> >>Techdocs. I was planning on experimenting in porting PostNuke to
> >>PostgreSQL, but haven't had time.
> >
> > Step 1: Put all of the websites into CVS
>
> Ewww Yuk!
>
> Websites in CVS? That's a horrible thought. Sure, it's better than the
> present "people with accounts on the server can upload" mostly-manual
> approach, but it's not as good as Zwiki will do.

> Zwiki allows for good web based editing, it lets people be added to
> groups and have group permissions set, etc. It's very nifty.

Great.. How about advocacy? the portal? etc. Maybe all we have is code,
config files, and style sheets.

Still, whatever tools you pick, configure, or change make it public
(where copyright allows).

Simple things like idocs.php or the jobs.php code could be improved upon
(code always can be), yet if I have an idea that may only take an hour
to implement it's near to impossible to find the sources -- so I've not
bothered.

I'd be willing to bet there are a large number of people willing
(wanting) to do 10 minutes work here and there on the websites that
don't because it takes longer than that to find the materials.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc