Doc <synopsis> changes

From: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Doc <synopsis> changes
Date: 2003-02-23 15:44:54
Lists: pgsql-docs
I needed to make the synopsis areas more consistent for a side project.
By far the simplest way to do that was to change them into <cmdsynopsis>
entities.

Benefits include increased consistency in spacing and formatting, nice
<synopfragment> linkouts (click the (1)), and the ability to share
code.  It may be possible to generate railroad diagrams from the marked
up copy.

The biggest problem is you cannot indent sections anymore, but that may
be correctable with a stylesheet change.

New CREATE TABLE:
http://www.rbt.ca/docs/reference/sql-createtable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-REFERENCES-FRAGMENT

Old CREATE TABLE:
http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/sql-createtable.html

Patch submitted to -patches. Another pass will be made for formatting
details if this method is accepted.

Yes, I've updated psql's create_help.pl to deal with the SGML formatted
areas.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Rod TaylorDate: 2003-02-23 16:13:10