Re: Identical query slower on 8.4 vs 8.3

From: Patrick Donlin <pdonlin(at)oaisd(dot)org>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Identical query slower on 8.4 vs 8.3
Date: 2010-07-15 18:48:04
Lists: pgsql-performance
Thanks everyone for the input so far, Merlin's comment about the network gave me one of those duh moments since I have been running these queries remotely using pgadmin. I will experiment with this more tomorrow/Monday along with the other suggestions that have been posted to hopefully narrow it down. Running the query from my webserver yielded much better times, but from a quick look it seems my 8.4 server is still a bit slower. I will share more details as I dig into it more tomorrow or Monday.

-Patrick