Re: Registering all User Operations

From: Mauri Sahlberg <Mauri(dot)Sahlberg(at)claymountain(dot)com>
To: SAMTEK Consultores <adolfopa(at)samtek(dot)es>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Registering all User Operations
Date: 2003-01-26 07:21:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

On su, 2003-01-26 at 03:03, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Uh, you can turn on log_statements in postgresql.conf and they will
> appear in the server logs.

Logging options are explained in the Administrator's manual at chapter
3.4.3. Adding the following to postgresql.conf should do the trick:

log_statament=true
syslog=2

I would also recommend using logrotate as your log will grow quite big
quite fast. Or if you are a looking for an audit log, I recommend doing
it in the application rather than trying to do it with the database logs
as quite propably the database user id is different than the application
user id.

> SAMTEK Consultores wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I need to register all the operations (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE) that users
> > does.
> >
> > Something like an log file for the backbone (like a /var/log/messages,
> > where all done is registered).
> >

> > Can any help me?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> >
> > SAMTEK, Consultores Inform?tica y Telecomunicaciones
> > Calificado como Agente Tecnol?gico por la Consejer?a de Empleo y Desarrollo Tecnol?gico
> > RAITEC (Red Andaluza de Innovaci?n y Tecnolog?a)
> >
> > Adolfo M. Pach?n Rodr?guez
> > Director de Sistemas
> >
> > C/ Salado, Portal 11, Local 8
> > 41010 - Sevilla
> >
> > tlf: 95 428 6045
> > fax: 95 427 8500
> >
> > http://www.samtek.es
> > mailto://info(at)samtek(dot)es

GSM: 044 5229238 | This message is probably digitally signed.
www.claymountain.com/~mos/ | Contact me to obtain my public key.