Re: complie error on windows

From: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
To: "Claiborne, Aldemaco " "Earl (Al)" <claiborne(at)lucent(dot)com>
Subject: Re: complie error on windows
Date: 2003-01-03 15:49:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers
If you run, "gcc", at the prompt (preferably  the one you're trying to
run configure from), do you get something like, "gcc: No input files" or
do you get, "gcc: command not found"?  If you get the later (or
something like it), you need to include it in your path, just as it's
telling you to do.  If you get the former, something would appear to be
off.

Greg

On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 09:43, Claiborne, Aldemaco Earl (Al) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install postgresql-7.3 on windows and I keep getting the following error despite having downloaded a compiler. Can anyone tell me what I am not doing right? I am a newbie to postgres and development. My ultimate goal is to create a data driven application utilizing the J2EE architecture.
>

> $ ./configure
> checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking which template to use... win
> checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
> checking whether to build with recode support... no
> checking whether NLS is wanted... no
> checking for default port number... 5432
> checking for default soft limit on number of connections... 32
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al

Greg Copeland <greg(at)copelandconsulting(dot)net>
Copeland Computer Consulting