Re: Strange behaviour of JDBC driver for PostgreSQL

From: Thomas O'Dowd <tom(at)nooper(dot)com>
To: Carlos Correia <carlos(at)m16e(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour of JDBC driver for PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-12-19 00:05:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Carlos,

To satisfy everyones curiosity why don't you try sending us the output
of the following command from your local machine...

$ psql -h REMOTEHOSTNAME -U USERNAME -c 'SELECT version();' DBNAME

This will access the remote database DBNAME in much the same way as the
driver does.

Tom.

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 02:55, Carlos Correia wrote:
> Fernando,
>
> i am sure the db is version 7.2.2
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> Carlos
>
> Fernando Nasser wrote:
>
> > Carlos Correia wrote:

> >> Dave,
> >>
> >> It is the same messge, but as I think that everyone is
> >> misunderstooding the problem, I'll try to resume it:
> >>
> >> 1. I don't know why the driver reports version 6.5.2, as I don't have
> >> such a version.
> >

> > The JDBC driver receives the version from the database backend when
> > connecting and that is what is printed by the
> > getDatabaseProductVersion() function.  There is no way it can generate
> > a 6.x.x version number by itself.
> >
> > You _must_ be connecting to a 6.5.2 backend.

Thomas O'Dowd, CEO, Nooper.com - Mobile Services Inc., Tokyo, Japan
i-mode & FOMA consulting, development, testing: http://nooper.co.jp/