Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org

From: Ryan Mahoney <ryan(at)paymentalliance(dot)net>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>,PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 7.3 announcement on postgresql.org
Date: 2002-11-30 01:21:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> When I did find it, this is what I saw when I opened it:
>

> For Immediate Release                               November 28th, 2002
>
> Contacts:
> Justin Clift
> justin(at)postgresql(dot)org
> +61.3 9363 1313 (Australia)
>
> Marc Fournier
> scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org
> +1.902 542 0713 (Canada)

Scroll down and read the rest of, it's an excellent announcement!  If
the website and mirrors made mention of the release (as of 8:19PM CST
they don't!) and the message was sent to all the mailing lists, there
would probably be less confusion.  When I read the announcement I was
very impressed and went straight to www.postgresql.org.  Once I got
there, I wondered if maybe the announcement had been sent by accident!

-r

--
Ryan Mahoney
ryan(at)flowlabs(dot)com