Re: New Instance of Variable Not Found in Subplan Bug

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: New Instance of Variable Not Found in Subplan Bug
Date: 2004-03-05 20:39:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> Hmmm ... problem is, per my last e-mail, the bug is not reproducable off of
> this particular database instance -- if I copy it to my laptop, the bug goes
> away.

It's presumably dependent on the contents of pg_statistic and the
relpages/reltuples counts in pg_class for the tables involved.
You could likely reproduce it by migrating that data to your laptop.
It would take a little bit of hacking to get the pg_statistic data
in (adjusting starelid for instance) but I think it's doable.

Note that the planner control settings (eg effective_cache_size) might
also need to be copied.