Re: pgAdmin III (Was: Request for supported platforms)

From: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III (Was: Request for supported platforms)
Date: 2002-10-30 19:33:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Since you're using wxWindows, I *HIGHLY* recommend obtaining a license
to wxDesigner from http://www.roebling.de/. It allows for very rapid
GUI design. It also understands various sizers and makes it SOOO much
easier to make use of them. Once you understand sizers, you'll love
them but they are somewhat hard to use without a tool to assist.

Also, for the about box, I also suggest that you make use of a wxHTML
dialog. The cool thing about doing this is that you can create links
and even place nice images within the about box. Plus, maintaining the
about box can be easily done via an HTML resource file versus having to
update code and recompile.

If you have questions on wxWindows and/or wxPython, please let me know.
I've been a long time user. Also, if you're willing, I also have some
constructive criticism on the code.

Since this is obviously going off topic as it relates to PostgreSQL, it
probably wouldn't be appropriate to followup on the mailing list.

Best Regards,

Greg Copeland