Recover data from crashed HD

From: Nils-Erik Svangård <nisse(at)student(dot)luth(dot)se>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Recover data from crashed HD
Date: 2002-10-23 00:03:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello!

One of my harddrives crashed two day ago. Only the /lib och /usr
directories was on one of my other hd's.
The old hd can no longer be detected by the bios. I have reinstalled
everything now.
The data directory in the old /lib contains what I would guess is
postgresqls table data. Can I recover the data?
I have tried to overwrite the new installation with the old files, but
the old database is not there.

I am a newbie in SQL-land, does anyone know how to revcover the data?

/nisse

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: David BearDate: 2002-10-23 01:00:57