Re: Bison 1.50 was released

From: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bison 1.50 was released
Date: 2002-10-10 13:44:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Can we please hold off until bison 1.50 becomes a defacto? It will be a
matter of weeks before distros offer this as an upgrade package let
alone months before distros offer this as a standard. Seems like these
changes are ideal for a release after next (7.5/7.6) as enough time will
of gone by for it to be much more commonly found. By not jumping on the
wagon now, it will also allow more time for bugs in the wild to be
caught and fixed before we force it onto the masses.

Greg