IDENT authentication failed for user postgres

From: "G(dot)LeeJohnson" <info(at)heartseed(dot)org>
To: postgres-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: IDENT authentication failed for user postgres
Date: 2002-09-28 02:10:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,
   I have connection established between my windows ( where i am trying
to use pgadmin with pgmigration wizard) and linux and of course a
firewall that I believe is set correctly to allow ports connect (
113according to refusal error in postmaster)...

   I'm wondering if anyone can help me diagnose the error in Subject
line of this post....Ive tried editing both fiewall and pg_hba.conf to
get this working..no dice

thx anyone
lee
-====

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Gerhard HäringDate: 2002-09-28 02:40:00
Previous:From: William WestDate: 2002-09-27 15:22:08
Subject: Re: Meaning of/ handling of ECPG_NOTICE_* ??