End of Data test?

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: End of Data test?
Date: 2008-05-30 18:17:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I'm backing up my databases on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. I'm
writing a script to further automate this process. Is there a way
that I can test to make sure that pg_dump has actually backed up the
entire system. It seems like there should be a return code or
something that will tell me that there has been a normal completion.

Thanks,
Carol