Re: FW: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and MySQL in ZDNet

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and MySQL in ZDNet
Date: 2002-08-20 19:46:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I did like the fact that PostgreSQL Inc. was described as "one of many
companies providing the PostgreSQL database", since one of the killer
myths is the lack of support options available, however it's unfortunate
that they misspelled the name of the company as Postgre-SQL Inc.
Perhaps someone from the PostgreSQL can contact them and get it fixed?

Another thing I was thinking was that, from an advocacy standpoint, we
might want to start using the phrase "better than row level locking"
more often, as this is one of the key differentiators for PostgreSQL,
and a good counter to the "We're going to have row level locking soon"
arguments.

Robert Treat