Re: FW: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and MySQL in ZDNet

From: Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder <avbidder(at)fortytwo(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and MySQL in ZDNet
Date: 2002-08-20 08:04:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 00:35, arguile(at)lucentstudios(dot)com wrote:
> Robert J. Sanford, Jr. wrote on August 19, 2002
> > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,474127,00.asp
>
> I'm forwarding this from general to advocacy just so people are aware of it.

For those that didn't read it:
- not much info in there
- it *is* mentioned, at least, that pgsql has transactions, while it is
announced as novelty for mysql (sort of)
- it is *not* mentioned that many of the features announced for mysql
4.1 are already in pg now.
- it is mentioned that sourceforge switched away from pg 'because it
didn't scale'.
- it is mentioned that pg will add sql99 schema support
- it is mentioned that pgsql inc is one of several companies offering
commercial support on pg

word count is mysql > pg, but the article does not try to compare the
two.

--> better than some other articles, I think.

cheers
-- vbi

--
secure email with gpg http://fortytwo.ch/gpg