Re: Re: libpgtcl and WinNT

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Edward Grabczewski" <xye85(at)dial(dot)pipex(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: libpgtcl and WinNT
Date: 2001-05-12 17:53:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
"Edward Grabczewski" <xye85(at)dial(dot)pipex(dot)com> writes:
> I've just had an interesting reply from Kevin Kenny re the broken library
> which Tom Lane commented on recently. I'm not experienced enought in TK/TCL
> API programming yet to understand the answer fully but could someone comment
> on the possibility of parching up the libarary based on this comment?

This sounds like there is a new cross-platform interface that could
substitute for the old Tcl 7.* approach.  It might be kinda painful to
support both new and old via conditional compilation (so that we don't
break support for Tcl 7.*), but in principle it could be done.  Does
anyone have time to work on libpgtcl?  If you can write C it shouldn't
be too hard to fix it.