Postgres 7.4 to Oracle 10g Migration with BLOBs

From: kashkon(at)att(dot)net
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres 7.4 to Oracle 10g Migration with BLOBs
Date: 2006-10-28 02:05:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I need to migrate a 60 GB Postgres 7.4 running on Linux to Oracle 10g running on Linux RedHat Enterprise Linux ES 4 update 4 x86_64 . I need help with a workable solution.
I tried pg_dump but it does not allow dumping blobs for migration to Oracle.
I tried a couple of tools but they do not work.
Oracle does not have a tool to do it for Postgres.

I can only think of using ODBC driver but need help where the ODBC should be installed.

Should it be installed on the Oracle server and should it be a Postgres ODBC? Where can I down load it from? I checked the postgres.org website but it was not clear whehter I needed to download the dll, mm, or msi!

Thanks in advance!

Kourosh Ashkon

--
Kourosh Ashkon