Re: running from a script

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: "Pgsql-Novice (E-mail)" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: running from a script
Date: 2002-06-27 14:54:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 07:16, Molenda, Mark P wrote:

> I've read through most of Bruce Momjian's book on PostgresSQL and I have not
> seen anything that shows how to run SQL commands from a script. I'm trying
> to emulate some of the work I've done with Oracle in the past where I was
> able to write either a DEC DCL script or a UNIX shell script to run SQL

So, you're trying to get from Unix what you got in The World's Greatest
Operating System? You'll never totally emulate it. <sigh> And Rdb
_is_ still the greatest...

> commands
> out of cron or another scheduler. Any help of snipits on how to get started
> would be appreciated. -Mark

Is this what you want?

psql -d test2 -c "vacuum verbose analyze t_lane_tx;"

| Ron Johnson, Jr. Home: ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net |
| Jefferson, LA USA http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81 |
| |
| "Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea |
| which could only have originated in California." |
| --Edsger Dijkstra |