Re: [HACKERS] File descriptor leakage?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Cyrus Rahman <cr(at)photox(dot)jcmax(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] File descriptor leakage?
Date: 1999-08-31 01:50:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Cyrus Rahman <cr(at)photox(dot)jcmax(dot)com> writes:
> Has anyone seen a problem with postgresql-6.5.1 leaking file
> descriptors?

That's interesting, I thought I'd fixed all the file-descriptor-leakage
problems. Guess not :-(

In addition to the files you list, there seem to be a whole bunch of
descriptors for 389832; can you find out what that is? (Check in
the top-level data directory as well as data/base/xxx.)

Can you generate a repeatable script that causes a particular file
to be opened more than once? This is going to be tough to track
down without a test case...