Re: Temp tables are curious creatures....

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)zort(dot)ca>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temp tables are curious creatures....
Date: 2002-04-30 11:09:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 03:35, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I think you have to use the backend pid to find your own. I think
> there is a libpq function that returns the backend pis so psql can
> frame the proper query.

Is anyoune working on information schema (or pg_xxx views) for use in
psql and other development frontends?

Also, are there plans to have SQL-accessible backend_pid function in the
backend by default ?

On RH 7.1 I can create it as:

CREATE FUNCTION getpid() RETURNS integer
AS '/lib/libc.so.6','getpid'
LANGUAGE 'C';

But I'd like it to be a builtin from the start so one can query it
without relying on libpq

Hannu