Re: What popular, large commercial websites run

From: Tom Jenkins <tjenkins(at)devis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What popular, large commercial websites run
Date: 2002-04-29 17:05:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 12:36, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:
> That brings us to one of the best things about Postgresql - you can find
> out easily if Postgresql isn't right for your job. You can easily test it
> out for free, and if Postgresql doesn't do Feature X yet, or it's broken,
> there's no marketing bullshit, half-truths or lies. The developers are

This is so very true. We didn't plan on using PostgreSQL for all our
stuff but for the IAWG contract we didn't have a budget to buy an Oracle
box for an offsite developer (me <grin>). So figuring we could switch
to Oracle for production, I developed the backend server stuff against
pg. Everything went so well and performance was acceptable that the
client went thumbs up on using pg on production.

--

Tom Jenkins
Development InfoStructure