Re: compile bug in HEAD?

From: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>,Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: compile bug in HEAD?
Date: 2002-03-27 23:53:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 11:06, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> If someone is really bored out of their mind, at least one of these
> warnings can be gotten rid of by not using the -l option to flex.  That
> might be desirable for other reasons, too, one of which is improved speed.
>
> No, just removing -l from the makefile is not the right fix.

I'm curious; why is this "not the right fix"? According to the manpage:

-l	turns  on  maximum compatibility with the original
	AT&T lex implementation. Note that this does not
	mean full compatibility.  Use of this option
	costs a  considerable  amount  of performance...

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)rogers(dot)com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC