Re: alternative to postgresql

From: Ned Wolpert <ned(dot)wolpert(at)knowledgenet(dot)com>
To: Henry <hxzhang(at)cs(dot)ualberta(dot)ca>
Cc: PostgreSQL-JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: alternative to postgresql
Date: 2002-02-20 19:55:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Odd... doesn't Access have runtime license costs for production? If
you're not paying those, then I guess that isn't an issue. You could
always reuse an existing system that you have for Access and install
Linux on that computer.

Also, PostgreSQL does run on windows with cygwin installed I believe.
(That's what I've been told... I don't run windows so I'm personally not
sure.)

When you say 'easy', do you only mean installation-wise?

--

Virtually,
Ned Wolpert <ned(dot)wolpert(at)knowledgenet(dot)com>

D08C2F45: 28E7 56CB 58AC C622 5A51 3C42 8B2B 2739 D08C 2F45