hashing improvements

From: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: hashing improvements
Date: 2002-02-15 22:16:21
Lists: pgsql-patches
Hi,

I've attached a simple patch which should improve the performance of
hashname() and reduce the penalty incured when NAMEDATALEN is increased.
I posted this to -hackers a couple days ago, and there haven't been any
major complaints. It passes the regression tests. See -hackers for more
discussion, as well as the suggestion from Tom Lane on which this patch
is based.

Unless anyone sees any problems, please apply for 7.3.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)rogers(dot)com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

pgsql-patches by date