Re: problem with transactions in VB.NET using npgsql

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Owen Hartnett <owen(at)clipboardinc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with transactions in VB.NET using npgsql
Date: 2007-08-27 23:05:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Owen Hartnett <owen(at)clipboardinc(dot)com> writes:
> I assign the transaction object to each of the commands, but it seems
> that some tables will get updated, even when I call rollback. Is
> something I'm calling secretly calling "commit" somewhere?

Dunno anything about vb.net, but this sounds like an autocommit feature
that's not doing what you expect.

If nothing else comes to mind, try setting the DB to log all statements
(see log_statement), and compare the resulting trace to what you think
your code is doing. That should at least narrow it down a lot.