Re: libpq not reentrant

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)initd(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq not reentrant
Date: 2002-01-22 23:51:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Il ven, 2002-01-18 alle 21:38, Mario Lorenz ha scritto:

> I originally worked with Federico to get the garbled passwords issue
> resolved which hit us (we use Psycopg, and Zope at work).
>
> Federico's suggestion to use the crypt from libssl is incomplete,
[snipped and agreed]

i am about to write a patch for libpq to use des_fcrypt when available.
just a question: is the config.h file autogenerated using autoheader or
handmade? i'll bet on the first, but:

~/tmp/postgresql-7.1.3>autoheader
using: not found
union: not found
long: not found
eval: short */
#undef ALIGNOF_SHORT
"
verbatim="$verbatim
/* The alignment requirement of a : not found
eval: long */
#undef ALIGNOF_LONG
"
verbatim="$verbatim
/* The alignment requirement of a : not found
eval: 208: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact        fog(at)debian(dot)org