Re: libpq not reentrant

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)initd(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: libpq not reentrant
Date: 2002-01-18 17:28:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Il ven, 2002-01-18 alle 18:23, Tom Lane ha scritto:
> > As of 7.2 we are only going to recommend crypt for backward
> > compatibility with older releases.  I will add a mention in libpq docs
> > that crypt authentication is not thread-safe.  Even when crypt did work
> > it wasn't always portable between OS's.  Is that how we want to go?
>
> I really think that a mention in the docs (in the part where libpq
> re-entrancy is discussed) is sufficient.  Especially given how close
> we are to 7.2 release.  I would not favor adding a configure check
> now, even if Federico had the patch ready to go...

agreed. i'll add a configure-time switch to psycopg and a big warning in
the README. the time to write a (already deprecated) patch is better
spent coding something else.

thank you for your assistance,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact        fog(at)debian(dot)org