Server not listening

From: GeorgeHeller <george(dot)heller(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Server not listening
Date: 2007-04-18 02:32:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all,

I am trying to add my postgres database server through PgAdmin III and am
getting an error as below:

The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the
server running on host "192.212.105.111" and accepting TCP/IP connections on
port 5432?

I have modified the postgresql.conf file to have listen_addresses='*'. I
also have the appropraite ip addresses specified in the pg_hba.conf file. I
have restarted the server after making the changes using the command:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl restart -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/

I still seem to be getting the error. Anything I am missing here?

Thanks.
George