Re: BUG #5451: pg_restore doesn't close input .tar archive

From: Pavel Golub <pavel(at)microolap(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5451: pg_restore doesn't close input .tar archive
Date: 2010-05-07 05:51:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Hello, Tom.

You wrote:

TL> "Pavel Golub" <pavel(at)microolap(dot)com> writes:
>> pg_restore doesn't close input .tar archive file after restore process.
>> However, file is closed after pg_restore termination, I suppose it's not
>> correct behaviour.

TL> I'm not sure what distinction you're trying to draw.  Do you want us to
TL> add a close() just before exit()?  If so, what for?

First of all, for uniformity I guess. :) .backup files are closed
properly.

And secondly, I'm using these sources in my project and I
need input file to be closed. Of course, I can find the place
where to insert close() by myself, but I beleive that this must be done in the
official release.

--
With best wishes,
 Pavel                          mailto:pavel(at)gf(dot)microolap(dot)com