Re: Potential RC1-stoppers

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Potential RC1-stoppers
Date: 2001-03-22 16:58:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM> writes:
>> * Joel Burton's report of disappearing files, 3/20.  This is
>> real scary, but no one else has reported anything like it.

> Can please you remind that report?

It's the "pg_inherits: not found, but visible" thread in pghackers
on 3/20 and 3/21.  Briefly, he had two separate occurrences of a table
file disappearing while the pg_class row remained (and he hadn't
tried to delete it, either).  The only idea I can come up with is that
a removal of some other table removed the wrong file.  Ugly.

Joel, can you give us any more info?  Do you have a postmaster log of
the queries that were issued while this was happening?