Re: BUG #1151: Initdb fails ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "laurent faillie" <l_faillie(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1151: Initdb fails ...
Date: 2004-05-11 15:03:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> creating template1 database in /pg_database/database/base/1... ok
> initializing pg_shadow... ok
> enabling unlimited row size for system tables... ok
> initializing pg_depend... ok
> creating system views... ERROR: did not find '}' at end of input node

Hmm. This would seem to indicate a mismatch between the nodeToString
and stringToNode routines (outfuncs.c and readfuncs.c), which is
something we don't normally see unless someone's messed up their build.
Try a full recompile.

You're not using that infamous CONNECT BY patch, are you?

> I think this problem is related to HP-UX 11.00 because I test my upgrade
> procedure on an HP-UX 10.20 box, same database, same source and same
> destination version w/o any trouble.

FWIW, I've tested recently on HPUX 11.11 and 11.23, without seeing any
such problems. And we're definitely not broken on 10.20 because I still
use 10.20 on my main development machine. But my bet is that this isn't
an OS issue at all.