Re: Secure Messaging Non-Delivery Report: Re: How to represent a tree-structure in a relationaldatabase

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvar Freude <alvar(dot)freude(at)merz-akademie(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Secure Messaging Non-Delivery Report: Re: How to represent a tree-structure in a relationaldatabase
Date: 2000-12-15 04:24:37
Lists: pgsql-sql
As of a few moments ago, Dana Reed is an ex-subscriber to pgsql-general.
Evidently he/she is about to be an ex-subscriber to pgsql-sql as well.

Most mailing list admins take a very dim view of mail software that
sends bounces to the original author of a mailing-list message, rather
than to the mailing list's errors address (the "envelope sender" in SMTP
parlance).  I don't run the pgsql lists myself, but on lists I do run,
bouncing to authors who can't do anything about it is grounds for
instant removal from the list.  I believe Marc feels the same.  If you
get bounces from third-party recipients of pgsql list messages, let Marc
know (scrappy(at)hub(dot)org).  There's no point in bothering the rest of the
list with it, though --- Marc is the only one in a position to do
anything about it.