Howdy! I know it's totally experimental, but I wanted to report on my
experience trying to use pgAdmin III on Mac OS X for my daily work for
the last week or two.
Overall, it is usable. It's a pleasure to not have to RDC/VNC into
Windows most of the time. There are some hiccups, though. Due to my
inability to find a bug database, I'm going to post my (currently
short) list of issues here. If there's a more appropriate forum, I'm
sure someone will let me know :-)
- Sometimes I can't Paste - Cmd-V will delete selection but not insert
clipboard contents. This isn't all the time, so it may be hard to
reproduce. Next time it happens I'll try to document a test case.
- Cancelling a big query can hang the program. This happened for the
first time today. It was a SELECT query that would've returned several
- Clicking on an object after database connection is broken will hang
program. This happens when I get disconnected from my VPN. It's quite
- The filter text box in View Filtered Data is not editable - the
cursor can't be placed in it.
- I think I already mentioned this here, but for completeness' sake:
the password box in the "connect to new server" dialog is off of the
bottom of the window. I believe this is a bug in wxWidgets' handling of
text on OS X.
- A fixed-width font option in the SQL editor would be great.
- Using modifier keys with arrow keys doesn't work as Mac users expect.
If I switch to a Windows mindset, they work normally. E.g. option-left
should go back one word, but doesn't.
I'd love to tackle some of these bugs myself, but I don't have the
requisite kung fu training.
Thanks for all of your great work!
pgadmin-hackers by date
|Next:||From: cvs||Date: 2005-02-11 22:08:38|
|Subject: CVS Commit by andreas: New Directory|
|Previous:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2005-02-10 15:15:43|
|Subject: Re: FW: [pgadmin-support] pgadmin for SuSE Linux 9.2 32/64 bit CPU.|