Re: Screen Overflow problem

From: "Russell Black" <rblack(at)iarchives(dot)com>
To: "Padma Sundar Narayanan" <padsundar(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Screen Overflow problem
Date: 2002-02-11 17:02:03
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Please reply to the entire group so that others may benefit (and help)

> By the way What is \pset pager.

\pset pager is a psql command that toggles whether the output is dumped all
at once or a screen at a time.

> Actually my problem is like this:-
> 1.After I open a bash session the screen appears
> normal.
> 2.when I typed psql it is going to the sql prompt.
>   There is no problem until this point.
> 3.However when I do query on big table like pg_type
>   the rows till the end of screen appears
> good.(vertically row by row getting displaced)
> 4.All rows or any text which is getting overflowed or
>   not able to show in a single screen appears
> horizontally instead of vertically.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.  I don't think I've seen this.
When you say overflow do you mean the lines are too long?  (longer than 80
chars?)  or do you mean there are too many lines?

pgsql-cygwin by date