Re: BEST odbc driver for windows MS Access

From: "Karebac" <karebac(at)verizon(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BEST odbc driver for windows MS Access
Date: 2006-12-10 12:22:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I installed pgsql yesterday on my windows xp. I was under the impression
that I needed to also download and install a specific odbc driver so that MS
Access could link to pgsql tables. Someone explained to me that an ODBC
automatically installs now, when I install pgsql. Sure enough, they were
right. I was able to find an ODBC driver and link MS Access to pgsql.

My question is this: Is that default odbc driver, which installs with pgsql
the best one to use for MS Access? I notice that there are a confusing
array of odbc drivers to download. What is the difference between all of
them. How can one decide which is best for a particular purpose, such as MS
Access.

Do many of you use MS Access as a front end to pgsql?

Thanks!

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 145 bytes