OS X, Full Release

From: Jay Greenspan <jay(at)trans-city(dot)com>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OS X, Full Release
Date: 2001-03-09 15:49:09
Lists: pgsql-ports
He folks,

I've searched the archives and haven't found an answer to this...

I'm doing some writing on OS X and open source tools. I know that
Postgres worked
with the Public Beta, but I've been unable to get it to compile (or even
start compiling)
on the full release of OS X. I have an advanced copy of the full
release, and I'm guess
it will just be a few weeks before before one of y'all gets your hands
on the release and
makes the needed alterations. But I just wanted to make sure I wasn't
missing something
obvious.

I've tried using the source from versions 7.0.1 to 7.0.3. Each time I
try I get the message that it
couldn't figure out the host type. I tried using the --hosts flag and
indicating some of the more
obvious choices, but had no luck

Thanks.

Jay