hi5 is one of the world's largest social networks. Our company is
ranked as the #1 social network in 26 nations across Europe, Latin
America, the Caribbean, Asia and Africa.
· 80+ million registered members
· 50+ million unique monthly visitors
· Currently available in over 23 languages
· One of the top 20 most-trafficked websites worldwide
· A founding adopter of OpenSocial
· Headquartered in San Francisco, California
Although our work is viewed and used every day by millions of people
across the globe, the company is small (currently under 100 employees)
and privately held. It’s a fun, bright, fast-paced and collaborative
place to work.
Located in downtown San Francisco, hi5 is just steps from major public
transit lines, including BART and Muni.
About the Team
The Hi5 Database Operations team is maintaining one of the largest
Postgresql installations in the world, with hundreds of databases and
terabytes of data. We offer a dynamic, challenging environment, and a
great opportunity to build and use a strong skill set in open source
About the Position
You will help to maintain a database layer of one of the largest
websites on the Internet. Work in the Hi5 Database Operations team
allows you to build strong skills in large-scale database environments.
· Administer production, and pre-production Postgresql DB databases.
· Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
· Work on ensuring sufficient capacity of the production databases.
· Develop and run queries and data manipulation procedures.
· Work as part of a team and be on- call rotation.
· Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation
· At least 3 years of production, HA, scalable RDBMS
· Unix, preferably Linux experience.
· Shell or python scripting experience.
· Strong SQL skills.
· Experience within or interacting with operations teams.
· Experience within or interacting with product development teams.
· Applied knowledge of DBA best practices and concepts.
· Strong problem solving skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· The candidate should be accountable, responsible person, self-
starter, genuinely interested in all the aspects of production DBA work.
· Experience with PostgreSQL is a big plus
· If no PostgreSQL experience available, qualified candidate must
possess production experience in any major proprietary or open source
RDBMSs, preferably Oracle.
· DB scripting (PL/pgSQL) .
· Relational modeling .
· JDBC .
If interested please contact:
hi5 Networks Inc.
55 2nd St. Suite 300
San Francisco, CA
hi5 Networks, Inc.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: anna richardson||Date: 2009-10-23 16:05:05|
|Subject: PostgreSQL Architect|
|Previous:||From: gdi ottawa||Date: 2009-10-19 19:05:21|
|Subject: Re: Welcome to the pgsql-jobs list!|