Re: Unexpected chunk number

From: Chris Purcell <chris(dot)purcell(dot)39(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Sunir Shah <sunir(at)sunir(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unexpected chunk number
Date: 2006-09-12 11:02:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> "old image" - does that refer to something like an filesystem level
> backup or the restoration of a former pg_dump generated backup ?
> The former is generally NOT save (except if you followed the PITR-
> advises in the docs or similiar) with a running postmaster ...

Ah. Yes, the former, as we did not have a recent pg_dump. Oops.

Given that we are where we are, what is the best advice? Can we
recover the database, given that 99% of the data works? I can happily
drop the entire contents of the "pagecache" table, as it is
regenerated on the fly, if that will obviate the problem.

Cheers,
Chris