Read Timeout

From: Michael Mangeng <michael(dot)mangeng(at)automationnext(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Read Timeout
Date: 2009-11-11 13:48:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello all!

I've got an issue with the call to preparedStatement.executeBatch. The
performing thread is locked in a productive system for some hours in
SocketInputStream.read, as you can see in the stacktrace below. The
database server is currently reachable but it's possible that it had
been off for a few seconds (we're logging over the internet connection
to another building).

My question is weather there is a possibility to define a read timeout
interval somewhere to avoid this. (e.g. In the JDBC url. Somthing like
loginTimout?)

Stacktrace is below.

Thanks a lot and greetings,
Michael

  java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(null:-2)
  java.net.SocketInputStream.read(null:-1)
  org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.readMore
(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:135)
  org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.ensureBytes
(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:104)
  org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.read
(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:73)
  org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:259)
  org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults
(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1166)
  org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute
(QueryExecutorImpl.java:351)
  org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeBatch
(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:2674)
  org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeBatch
(DelegatingStatement.java:297)

com.v8tech.pneuma.eventlogger.internal.NodeprocessingDataEntriesoggerImpl.commitBatch
(NodeEventLoggerImpl.java:462)

com.v8tech.pneuma.eventlogger.internal.NodeEventLoggerImpl.processDataEntries
(NodeEventLoggerImpl.java:378)
  com.v8tech.pneuma.eventlogger.internal.NodeEventLoggerImpl.tick
(NodeEventLoggerImpl.java:502)
  com.v8tech.components.ticker.Ticker$TickerRunnable$1.run(Ticker.java:
206)
  java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(null:-1)
  java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(null:-1)
  java.lang.Thread.run(null:-1)

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Sadanori ItoDate: 2009-11-11 16:11:40