Re: BUG #3110: Online Backup introduces Duplicate OIDs

From: "Randy Isbell \(jisbell\)" <jisbell(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #3110: Online Backup introduces Duplicate OIDs
Date: 2007-03-18 14:39:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> BTW, the backup process is supposed to result in backup_label being
> present in the filesystem dump, so that you'd have had to go out of your
> way for it to NOT be present (which is why we didn't think it needed
> much documentation).  What exactly was happening?  If you didn't
> deliberately remove it from the dump, there may still be some kind of
> bug here.

Correct.  backup_label was getting created.  My cleanup of such items as pg_xlog/ was overly aggressive and removing backup_label.  While testing with no database activity during the dump, the problem did not exist.

I'll send verbiage to the docs folks as requested.  Thanks again for all the help.

- r.