Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres

From: Amit V Shah <ashah(at)tagaudit(dot)com>
To: "'josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com'" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Amit V Shah <ashah(at)tagaudit(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Date: 2005-05-24 17:56:54
Lists: pgsql-performance

> - Most of the DB usage is Selects. We would have some inserts but that
> would be like a nightly or a monthly process

So transaction integrity is not a real concern? This sounds like a data
warehouse; wanna try Bizgres? (www.bizgres.org)

I took a look at this. I have a few concerns with bizgres though -- I am
using jetspeed portal engine and Hibernate as my O/R Mapping layer. I know
for sure that they dont support bizgres. Now the question is what difference
is there between bizgres and postgres ... I guess I will try to look around
the website more and find out, but if there is something you would like to
comment, that would be very helpful ...

Thanks,
Amit