to_timestamp overloaded to convert from Unix epoch

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: to_timestamp overloaded to convert from Unix epoch
Date: 2004-08-12 05:32:47
Lists: pgsql-patches

Please find attached a patch (diff -c against cvs HEAD) to add a
function that accepts a double precision argument assumed to be a Unix
epoch timestamp and returns timestamp with time zone, and accompanying
documentation.

Usage:

test=# select to_timestamp(200120400);
to_timestamp
------------------------
1976-05-05 14:00:00+09
(1 row)

If regression tests are required, I will produce some. I'd appreciate
any pointers as to what to look for, as they would be my first attempt
at writing regression tests.

Regards

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Attachment Content-Type Size
to_timestamp.diff application/octet-stream 3.0 KB