Re: Re: [SQL] JDBC Statement.setQueryTimeout : is there plan to implement this?

From: Steven Schlansker <stevenschlansker(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>, Radosław Smogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Sylvain Mougenot <smougenot(at)sqli(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [SQL] JDBC Statement.setQueryTimeout : is there plan to implement this?
Date: 2011-12-15 17:38:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-sql

java.util.concurrent introduces ScheduledExecutorService, which fixes a lot of the problems with java.util.Timer and introduces more features.

Specifically, it enqueues timed actions and executes them on a thread pool, providing good controls both for controlling individual tasks (canceling) and the entire pool (shutting down cleanly / immediately)

It might be a good fit for implementing timeouts.